Currency Conversion using OO

Discussion in 'C++' started by Willing 2 Learn, Oct 12, 2005.

  1. I'm still having trouble getting my program to do arithmetic in
    cents(keeping all #'s) then convert the answer in a format of dollars &

    cents. The main program should add, subtract, scalar multiply(by int)&

    show, have a constructor w/ & w/out arguments. Header file should have
    private data & all 6 functions from above.Class definition file should
    implement my ADT class.
    What I have so far:
    Main program
    #include "jahcurrency.h"
    #include <iostream.h>
    void main()
    {
    Currency a(4,3);
    Currency b(2,1);
    Currency total;

    total=a.add(b);
    total.show();
    total=a.sub(b);
    total.show();
    total=a.multiply(5);
    total.show();

    }

    Header file
    class Currency
    {
    private:
    double cents;
    public:
    Currency();
    Currency(int d,int c);
    Currency add(Currency b);
    Currency sub(Currency b);
    Currency multiply(double d);
    double calc(Currency s);
    double calc2(Currency f);
    void show(void);

    };

    Class definition
    #include "jahcurrency.h"
    #include <iomanip.h>
    #include <math.h>
    #include <iostream.h>

    char sign='$';

    Currency::Currency()
    {
    x=0;

    }

    Currency::calc2(Currency f)
    {

    f=(x*100)-(x%100);

    return f;

    }

    Currency::calc(Currency s)
    {

    s=(x%100);

    return s;

    }

    Currency::Currency(int d, int c)
    {

    d=(x*100)-(x%100);
    c=(x%100);

    return d;

    }

    Currency::add(Currency b)
    {
    Currency x;
    x.cents= x+ b.x;

    return x;

    }

    Currency::sub(Currency b)
    {
    Currency x;
    x.cents= x- b.x;

    return x;

    }

    Currency::multiply(Currency d)
    {
    Currency x;
    x.cents= x*d.x;

    return x;

    }

    Currency::show()
    {
    cout<<sign<<d<<". "<<s<<endl;

    }

    How different would the program be if cents is in long then convert
    ans. for each opeartion to dollars & cents ?
    Your help would be appreciated in how to fix this problem.

    Willing 2 Learn, Oct 12, 2005