Current agreement for representing lists in rdf?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Adam, Jan 22, 2007.

  1. Adam

    Adam Guest

    Hello all,

    I am working on an rdf project which involves sequences (or data which
    must pretend to be ordered, anyhow). As I read through the vast
    documentation of xml/rdf, I find two primary camps, the "why did we
    stick seq's in here in the first place?" camp, and the "some people may
    not like them, but hey, they seems to work" camp. But most of this
    seems to have been written a few years ago, before the 2004
    documentation.

    Presumably, it would be nice to be able to query the data in two ways:
    first, to return all the items in order; second, to limit another query
    to only items within that list. (This makes it impossible to implement
    one middle-of-the-road suggestion, the use of verbs like contains_1,
    etc.)

    Rather than reinventing the wheel myself, I would just be curious to
    what the current usage is.

    Thank you,

    Adam

    Adam, Jan 22, 2007