Current url inside another url

Discussion in 'HTML' started by teej, Apr 28, 2005.

  1. teej

    teej Guest

    Ok, here's another problem I was having that I just remembered. Sorry
    to ask two possibly dumb questions one right behind the other.
    Anyways, I use Movable Types version of SSI (<$MTInclude
    module="Footer"$> as opposed to <!-- #include file="footer.html" -->)
    because it's easier. In my footer I want to include a link to the w3
    validation page of whatever page you happen to be looking at.
    Currently I have this link to the validation page of the index in the
    footer file.

    <a
    href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.glassrock.net/weblog/index.html">Valid
    XHTML 1.0</a>

    How can I get the above link to logically work like this...
    1.0</a>

    I keep running into the problem of the quotation marks around the url.
    I tried to use an SSI inside the url but the parser gets confused as to
    where the url for the href is suppose to end and where the SSI begins.
    Is there a work-around?
    teej, Apr 28, 2005

  2. teej

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *teej* wrote:
    > Ok, here's another problem I was having that I just remembered. Sorry
    > to ask two possibly dumb questions one right behind the other.
    > Anyways, I use Movable Types version of SSI (<$MTInclude
    > module="Footer"$> as opposed to <!-- #include file="footer.html" -->)
    > because it's easier. In my footer I want to include a link to the w3
    > validation page of whatever page you happen to be looking at.
    > Currently I have this link to the validation page of the index in the
    > footer file.
    >
    > <a
    > href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.glassrock.net/weblog/index.html">Valid
    > XHTML 1.0</a>
    >
    > How can I get the above link to logically work like this...
    > 1.0</a>
    >
    > I keep running into the problem of the quotation marks around the url.
    > I tried to use an SSI inside the url but the parser gets confused as to
    > where the url for the href is suppose to end and where the SSI begins.
    > Is there a work-around?

    Why can't you just set the url to

    Since the current page is the referer, the validator will validate
    that page in question.

    --
    /Arne

    are replying to, no more and no less! And don't
    quote signatures, thank you.
    Arne, Apr 28, 2005