CurrentCulture, CurrentUICulture and Threads

DZoid

Hi,

I have an asp.net page that uses a component in my business tier, which in
turn uses a component in my data tier. The business and data tiers are in
separate assemblies. I set Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture and
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture in the .aspx page.

The asp.net app, business tier, and data tier each have their own resource
files.

Are the business/data tier components guaranteed to execute on the same
thread as the .aspx page so that I can use
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture/Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture
from within the business/data tiers? Or should I pass a CultureInfo object
through the tiers?

I don't want the business tier to return a French message when the .aspx
page is in English.

Thanks.

Karl Seguin

Yes, a page request is always handled by the same thread from start to
finish..unless ur doing odd threading stuff in your own code...

Karl