    "Add/Remove Programs" options.

    Best Regards
    Dominic
    Aqua, Dec 12, 2006

  2. Aqua

    Dave Guest

    "Aqua" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Dear Group,
    >
    > Is there a module available to list all the programs installed in my
    > windows 2000/XP system. Something like a list from the conrtol panel
    > "Add/Remove Programs" options.
    >
    > Best Regards
    > Dominic

    Don't know of a module, but there are modules to read the registry and the
    information you need is there:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    (I expect this is where Add and Remove programs populates its list from, but
    there is some sorting to do).
    Dave, Dec 12, 2006

  3. Aqua

    Aqua Guest

    Dear Dave,

    > Don't know of a module, but there are modules to read the registry and the
    > information you need is there:
    > HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    > (I expect this is where Add and Remove programs populates its list from, but
    > there is some sorting to do).

    Thanks for the info. Hope I can write a script to grep these details.

    Regards
    Dominic
    Aqua, Dec 13, 2006