Curses module on windows

Abhijit Soman

Where can i find curses module for windows? I have pdcurses library on
windows. But python binary doesnot include curses module.

Thanks,
Abhijit

Michele Simionato

Abhijit Soman said:
Where can i find curses module for windows? I have pdcurses library on
windows. But python binary doesnot include curses module.

Thanks,
Abhijit

I guess you need something like CygWin to get curses running on Windows
(not sure, please correct me if I am wrong).

Michele Simionato

Abhijit Soman

I found a port of curses module for windows at flangy.com/dev/python/curses/

regards,
Abhijit

Nick Jacobson

Abhijit Soman said:
Where can i find curses module for windows? I have pdcurses library on
windows. But python binary doesnot include curses module.

Thanks,
Abhijit

No-one has ported the curses module to windows yet, according to Alex
Martelli (ref. Python In a Nutshell, p. 208). The msvcrt, WConio, and
Console modules substitute some of its functionality. HTH,

--Nick