curses problem

Dariusz Malec

Hi,
I'm very new to python and to curses but i guess someone can help me
understand the problem:
I wrote a little application (attachment) and the problem is when I
resize the terminal the sub-window (log window) gets wrong size (rows)
and when restoring previous terminal size the window row size does not
change at all.
Is there some kind of method to set directly window size in python curses?
I'm using mvwin() method to set the windows new position but the problem
is the size.

Dan Stromberg

forgot to post the code. Server does not allow to post attachments. The
code is here http://www.kos.wsiz.rzeszow.pl/~dmalec/src.zip

You might google about SIGWINCH and see where that gets you.

Of course, to my great disappointment, python programs that use signals
become quite a bit more complex than they should because you have to
restart interrupted system calls explicitly.

Please, someone fix this! IMO, python functions and methods that could
be be interrupted by a signal should restart themselves by default, and
have an option to allow them to require themselves to be interrupted.

Many Kernel programmers have negative perspectives on application
programmers who don't bother this; python seems to have a significant
culture of ignoring the issue.

This makes me sad. I love python. I want it to do better.