    --
    best regards
    Rolf Brockmann
    Rolf Brockmann, May 27, 2005

  2. Rolf Brockmann

    Giles Guest

    >I want to set the focus to an special Textbox when the website is selected.
    > how can I do this.

    This is clientside, not asp. However
    Do not try the often used <body onload="document.myform.txt1.focus()">
    If the (slow connection) user has started filling forms before a full page
    load, the focus will suddenly go back to the start when loading is finished,
    in the middle of typing.
    Immediately after the <input> in question, you can place a client-side
    script block setting the focus.
    Be aware that some browsers and doctypes do not handle randomly placed
    script blocks very well. You might use asp to offer this little luxury only
    to platforms that you know are OK with it.
    Giles
    Giles, May 28, 2005