Cursor Problem When Overlaying Image with Numbers and Using AreaMaps

Roger

Hi,

I have an application where I display an image, overlay the image with
numbers, and then define map areas that open new windows when the map
area is clicked.

This works fine, but the mouse pointer changes to the text cursor and
the mapping function does not operate when the pointer is on the
overlaid text. So the user must learn not to put the mouse cursor on
the number of interest, but just get near it for the mapping function to
work.

An alternative is to insert the mapping numbers directly into the image,
but at low JPG quality levels the numbers become fuzzy and harder to
read. The overlay technique creates very sharp text by comparison.

Is there a way to make the map function work when the mouse pointer is
directly on the text overlaying the image as described above?

Roger

Lee

Roger said:
Hi,

I have an application where I display an image, overlay the image with
numbers, and then define map areas that open new windows when the map
area is clicked.

This works fine, but the mouse pointer changes to the text cursor and
the mapping function does not operate when the pointer is on the
overlaid text. So the user must learn not to put the mouse cursor on
the number of interest, but just get near it for the mapping function to
work.

An alternative is to insert the mapping numbers directly into the image,
but at low JPG quality levels the numbers become fuzzy and harder to
read. The overlay technique creates very sharp text by comparison.

Is there a way to make the map function work when the mouse pointer is
directly on the text overlaying the image as described above?

Make the areas of the map where the numbers will appear transparent and
place the numbers *behind* the map.