custamizable interface

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by paul, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. paul

    paul Guest

    I am working on a web application using vb.net.
    I need advice on the best way to implement a text change
    feature, whereby every bit of text the customer sees will
    be fully customisable to suit the different needs of
    different customers(each customer could have hundreds of
    users).
    I realise that is this going to be a fairly resource
    heavy procedure and am keen to find an efficient way to
    accomplish this.
    I have been discussing this with my colleague's and we
    have had a few different ideas on how this should be
    done.
    Firstly, by using the sql database to store the control
    id's that require their text changing along with the text
    specific to the customer, disadvantages seem to be that
    the database will be hit on every page.
    Secondly, doing a similar thing using XML to store the
    data.
    And finally using an application session to store every
    customers data.

    Has anyone had experience of anything similar.

    Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

    Cheers Paul

    paul, Nov 18, 2003