Custom App Pool & Windows Auth causing Login prompt to appear

Craig M

Hi All,

First post - i've searched high and low for an answer and cannot find one
anywhere.

Using IIS6, Windows Server 2003, ASP.Net 1.1

I have a web app that uses a Custom App Pool which runs under a domain user
login. This user is a member of IIS_WPG and also Users. The app runs with
only Windows Authentication selected. I run the same setup on a UAT machine
and everything runs fine. When I move to production whenever I try to access
the website I am presented with a Login prompt as though the app is using
Basic Authentication.

There is one noticeable difference between the two machines. The UAT box has
each website setup individually. The Production box has Default Web Site and
then my Web Site setup under this. The application logs on fine using Windows
Authentication when it is set to run under the Default App Pool so this
proves the machines are on the same domain. There are no '.' in the URL so
the client knows that the site is intranet based.

I'm pulling my hair out, I think it might be permissions but everything is
setup the same on each box, bar default web site part. Any help greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

Craig