Custom BoundColumn Class

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by PatG, Apr 29, 2005.

  1. PatG

    PatG Guest

    I'm in the middle of creating a custom BoundColumn class to extend some of
    the datagrid functionality.

    One thing I'm trying to do is add custom authorization to check the user is:

    1. Authorized to view the column.
    2. Authorized to edit the column.

    Authorization checking for editing has been easy as I can override the
    ReadOnly Property of the BoundColumn.

    I'd like to do the same for the Visible Property, but this is where it all
    falls apart as the Visible Property in the base class (DataGridColumn) is not
    a virtual property.

    Does anyone know whether having visible as a non virtual property in the
    DataGrid Column is there by design or just an oversight.

    If it is an oversight, does anyone know how I report this to Microsoft to
    sse if they'll include a fix in a future patch.

    Thanks

    PatG

    PatG, Apr 29, 2005