custom buttons

Brock

does anyone know how, or where to find, professional looking buttons
specifically the kind that act as a menu where one button launches
another set of buttons below it? Thanks... new to this!!

Neredbojias

does anyone know how, or where to find, professional looking buttons
specifically the kind that act as a menu where one button launches
another set of buttons below it? Thanks... new to this!!

Learn some server-side language.

PHPGB

<alt.html>
<Brock>
<Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:35:06 -0700 (PDT)>
does anyone know how, or where to find, professional looking buttons
specifically the kind that act as a menu where one button launches
another set of buttons below it? Thanks... new to this!!

Learning a scripting language takes ages and unless you want to pay
somebody to write the script for you - your only real option would be to
try and find a suitable point-n-click web author that has a wizard to do
that specific type of job for you .

Nico Schuyt

Brock said:
does anyone know how, or where to find, professional looking buttons
specifically the kind that act as a menu where one button launches
another set of buttons below it? Thanks... new to this!!

Google for 'css dropdown menu' en you'll find lots of examples. Choose one
and test it in a few browsers, also with Javascript diabled.
You can style the buttons easily in CSS to get the 'professional look'

Paul

Brock said:
does anyone know how, or where to find, professional looking buttons
specifically the kind that act as a menu where one button launches
another set of buttons below it? Thanks... new to this!!

I was new too, and some months ago I asked here about making buttons.
Using simply css codes, I made some type of "buttons" containing photos and/or texts as links to other pages.
They work well and I like them:))!!
I don't know if this can help you, anyway here is my website:
http://www.tortebomboniere.com/bomboniere/favourcake01.html

Paul

PHPGB

<alt.html>
<Paul>
<Sat, 16 Aug 2008 17:37:14 +0200>
I don't know if this can help you, anyway here is my website:
http://www.tortebomboniere.com/bomboniere/favourcake01.html

IMHO far too much information on the page .

Apart from newbies - most experienced internet users are only prepared
to give a webpage a casual glance unless they are interested in whatever
subject the webpage deals in .

If not interested in said subject - then the lure of the back icon is
often too hard to resist - rather than spending ages on something they
arnt the least bit interested in .

Chris F.A. Johnson

<alt.html>
<Paul>
<Sat, 16 Aug 2008 17:37:14 +0200>

IMHO far too much information on the page .

No only that, but the top of the page is ~60% wider than my window.

Brock

Buona mattina,
Vivo negli USA ma parlo italiano... un po! Mi miace il tuo lavoro.
Grazii per l'informazione...
Excuse my Italian mistakes!
Your buttons look much like what I'm looking to do, so again thanks
for the example. Loved the "page-turning" Javascript special effect
that is on your homepage. Thanks!
Brock

Paul

"Brock" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
Buona mattina,
Vivo negli USA ma parlo italiano... un po! Mi miace il tuo lavoro.
Grazii per l'informazione...
Excuse my Italian mistakes!
Your buttons look much like what I'm looking to do, so again thanks
for the example. Loved the "page-turning" Javascript special effect
that is on your homepage. Thanks!
Brock

Hi Brock, grazie per l'apprezzamento.
La routine "gira-pagine" l'ho trovata in internet e l'ho modificata per me.
I bottoni sono fatti in css e puoi farli anche tu secondo le tue necessità (larghezza, altezza, caratteri, it's easy).
Paul