    does anyone know how, or where to find, professional looking buttons
    specifically the kind that act as a menu where one button launches
    another set of buttons below it? Thanks... new to this!!
    Brock, Aug 14, 2008

  2. Brock

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 14 Aug 2008, Brock <> wrote:

    > does anyone know how, or where to find, professional looking buttons
    > specifically the kind that act as a menu where one button launches
    > another set of buttons below it? Thanks... new to this!!

    Learn some server-side language.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, Aug 14, 2008

  3. Brock

    PHPGB Guest

    <alt.html>
    <Brock>
    <Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:35:06 -0700 (PDT)>
    <>

    > does anyone know how, or where to find, professional looking buttons
    > specifically the kind that act as a menu where one button launches
    > another set of buttons below it? Thanks... new to this!!

    Learning a scripting language takes ages and unless you want to pay
    somebody to write the script for you - your only real option would be to
    try and find a suitable point-n-click web author that has a wizard to do
    that specific type of job for you .

    --
    www.phpguestbook.co.uk/phpgb
    (the best php guestbook on planet earth)
    PHPGB, Aug 14, 2008
  4. Brock

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Brock wrote:
    > does anyone know how, or where to find, professional looking buttons
    > specifically the kind that act as a menu where one button launches
    > another set of buttons below it? Thanks... new to this!!

    Google for 'css dropdown menu' en you'll find lots of examples. Choose one
    and test it in a few browsers, also with Javascript diabled.
    You can style the buttons easily in CSS to get the 'professional look'

    --
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Aug 15, 2008
  5. Brock

    Paul Guest

    "Brock" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > does anyone know how, or where to find, professional looking buttons
    > specifically the kind that act as a menu where one button launches
    > another set of buttons below it? Thanks... new to this!!

    I was new too, and some months ago I asked here about making buttons.
    Using simply css codes, I made some type of "buttons" containing photos and/or texts as links to other pages.
    They work well and I like them:))!!
    I don't know if this can help you, anyway here is my website:
    http://www.tortebomboniere.com/bomboniere/favourcake01.html

    Paul
    Paul, Aug 16, 2008
  6. Brock

    PHPGB Guest

    <alt.html>
    <Paul>
    <Sat, 16 Aug 2008 17:37:14 +0200>
    <48a6f42f$0$26151$>

    > I don't know if this can help you, anyway here is my website:
    > http://www.tortebomboniere.com/bomboniere/favourcake01.html

    IMHO far too much information on the page .

    Apart from newbies - most experienced internet users are only prepared
    to give a webpage a casual glance unless they are interested in whatever
    subject the webpage deals in .

    If not interested in said subject - then the lure of the back icon is
    often too hard to resist - rather than spending ages on something they
    arnt the least bit interested in .

    PHPGB, Aug 16, 2008
  7. On 2008-08-16, PHPGB wrote:
    ><alt.html>
    ><Paul>
    ><Sat, 16 Aug 2008 17:37:14 +0200>
    ><48a6f42f$0$26151$>
    >
    >> I don't know if this can help you, anyway here is my website:
    >> http://www.tortebomboniere.com/bomboniere/favourcake01.html

    > IMHO far too much information on the page .

    No only that, but the top of the page is ~60% wider than my window.

    Author:
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Aug 16, 2008
  8. Brock

    Brock Guest

    Buona mattina,
    Vivo negli USA ma parlo italiano... un po! Mi miace il tuo lavoro.
    Grazii per l'informazione...
    Excuse my Italian mistakes!
    Your buttons look much like what I'm looking to do, so again thanks
    for the example. Loved the "page-turning" Javascript special effect
    that is on your homepage. Thanks!
    Brock

    Brock, Aug 18, 2008
  9. Brock

    Buona mattina,
    Vivo negli USA ma parlo italiano... un po! Mi miace il tuo lavoro.
    Grazii per l'informazione...
    Excuse my Italian mistakes!
    Your buttons look much like what I'm looking to do, so again thanks
    for the example. Loved the "page-turning" Javascript special effect
    that is on your homepage. Thanks!
    Brock

    Hi Brock, grazie per l'apprezzamento.
    La routine "gira-pagine" l'ho trovata in internet e l'ho modificata per me.
    I bottoni sono fatti in css e puoi farli anche tu secondo le tue necessità (larghezza, altezza, caratteri, it's easy).
    Paul
    Paul, Aug 18, 2008