Custom CollectionEditor - Buttons disabled?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by lisa@starways.net, May 27, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I hope someone can help. I did several searches of Usenet archives,
    and I've seen a number of messages from people who had the same problem
    I'm having. In most of the cases, there was never even a response.

    I have a custom control which contains a custom collection. The items
    in the custom collection are another custom control.

    The collection itself is derived from ControlCollection. It might have
    been easier to use CollectionBase, but I wanted to be able to hook it
    to the parent control in both directions, and the constructor for
    CollectionBase won't do that. In any case, it's all working (other
    than the editor), so I don't want to change that.

    When I open the collection editor, it comes up just fine. Except that
    everything is disabled. The Add and Remove buttons are disabled. The
    sort buttons are disabled, but I don't care about those anyway.

    I have an Item property in the collection class, so it's not that.

    Has anyone run into this situation? Is there a solution out there?

    Thanks,
    Lisa
    , May 27, 2005