Custom CollectionEditor - Buttons disabled?

lisa

Hi all,

I hope someone can help. I did several searches of Usenet archives,
and I've seen a number of messages from people who had the same problem
I'm having. In most of the cases, there was never even a response.

I have a custom control which contains a custom collection. The items
in the custom collection are another custom control.

The collection itself is derived from ControlCollection. It might have
been easier to use CollectionBase, but I wanted to be able to hook it
to the parent control in both directions, and the constructor for
CollectionBase won't do that. In any case, it's all working (other
than the editor), so I don't want to change that.

When I open the collection editor, it comes up just fine. Except that
everything is disabled. The Add and Remove buttons are disabled. The
sort buttons are disabled, but I don't care about those anyway.

I have an Item property in the collection class, so it's not that.

Has anyone run into this situation? Is there a solution out there?

Thanks,
Lisa