    Any idea and suggestions are welcomed! Thanks in advance.

    Regards;
    weichung

    weichung, Jan 20, 2005

  2. weichung

    David Jessee Guest

    I've purchased a number of commercial web applications. I've also developed
    architected sold and supported a number of them too.

    Sometimes the best install tool is very thorough documentation.

    Give them a SQL script and instructions on exactly how to modify the config
    file. It saves you a lot of headaches in the long run.

    "weichung" <> wrote in message
    > I had build an installer project for my ASP.NET project. And found that
    > several fields need to be configured, like the web.config files and etc,
    > which requires user input. Also I need to attach my database using the
    > installer project, anybody could suggest how I could perform similar

    action?

    > One of my idea is to build a winform project which accepts athe user input
    > and configure the fields during installation, but I had no idea how

    winform

    David Jessee, Jan 20, 2005

  3. weichung

    Scott Allen Guest

    What you are looking to do is add a "custom action" to the msi file. You
    can find some starter docs on this page:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...vxwlkwalkthroughpassingdatatocustomaction.asp

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/