custom configuration section handler

Brock Allen

Because the nested elements are part of the top level section handler. .NET
just wants to find the code that knows how to deal witih the top level element.
The rest of the child elements are up to the section handler to validate.

jsh02_nova

Why does a custom configuration handler type implementing
IConfigurationSectionHandler can only be used on first level sections of the
web.config?

jsh02_nova

Well, I mean on the same level as <appSettings> and <configSections> in
the web.config. If I define my custom section inside a custom 'group
section', my section handler is never called, but when I move it out from
the 'group section', then my handler class is called.