Custom control and toolbox tabs

Erik Cruz

Hi.

I wrote two simple custom controls to help me learn asp.net. Each control is
his own project, I didn't put them on the same assembly. The first control
derives from BaseValidator and the second derives from Textbox. I created a
new web application and selected my controls on the Tools - Add/Remove
Toolbox Items menu option. One of the controls appeared at the Web Forms tab
and the other appeared at the General tab. Why? Shouldn't the two controls
appear on the Web Forms tab? Is it possible to configure a control to appear
at a specific tab on the Toolbox?

TIA,
Erik Cruz

Mohammad A. Samara

Once the control is added to your toolbox, you can drag it from any location
and place it in any tab you want.

Best regards,

Mohammad Samara.
ICS (London) ltd.