Custom Control Class within a class

ryan.d.rembaum

I think that this problem might relate to another that I posted. I did
a page trace of my custom control and see that OnInit is called every
time a button is clicked. In my oninit event I declare a use an
instance of a control from a sub class as follows:

Class MySpecialTable
Class MySpecial Cell
End Class

dim cell1 as new myspecialCell

Protected Overrides Sub OnInit(ByVal e As EventArgs)
tablerow.add
Rows(0).cells.add(mySpecialCell)
end sub
End Class

My problem is that Class MySpecialCell has a custom property whose
value is not being save between posts and I have tried everything I can
think of. I am wondering if it is because of the fact that I declare a
new instance. I don't think this should matter since the view state
functions come later, but I have tried messing with postbackdatahandler
with no luck, so was thinking maybe this might be the cause??? Has
anyone run into this before? Why is MySpecialCell not saving its
custom property between posts???