Custom Control - Collection Property

Synced

Hey gang. I am taking the task of trying to learn how to write custom web
controls.

I have started with inheriting from the VS 2005 default which is UserControl.

I am implementing collection and just basic properties in my control and
they are compiling and running so far but when I try and view the page in the
designer I get such things like:

Error Creating Control
Type 'System.Web.UI.UserControl' does not have a public property named Columns

But when I run the page everything is okay. Could someone please describe to
me why this is occuring?

Also most examples I see using Collections uses Control or WebControl. Is
there any disadvantage to using UserControl and does this cripple my use of
properties in any way? I like the design-time support for the UserControl.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and take care.