Custom control creation and debugging?

Dave

Hi

I want to create a custom tab web control, drop it into an asp.net page as shown below, that will create a set of tabs and will generate client-side script and DHTML to toggle the tabs, show/hide panels ("div tags") etc. I would also like to expose a set of properites to set font, tab color, width or even better, pass in CSS Class names

Do I have to create this and compile it using the command line compiler each time? I'd like to know how do you debug or step through what's going on inside the control while you're developing it? It would seem very tedious if you couldn't do this. Thanks, Dave

<dt:TabStrip runat=server><dt:Tab Title="Tab A">tab A content goes here</dt:Tab><dt:Tab Title="Tab B">tab b content goes here</dt:Tab></dt:TabStrip>

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP]

Hi Dave,

You can have a solution containing two projects, your webapp and a class
library with your custom controls. Debugging your controls at runtime should
be as easy as setting breakpoints on them and nothing more. Now if you want
to debug for example a control designer for your control, this would require
to fire a second instance of VS.NET and attach to it in order to hit the
control designer code.

--
Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET