Custom control dependency file error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by adding an ASP.NET Custom control to toolbox probl, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. HI ,

    I have updated a custom control which was working
    perfectly fine so that it holds locale information. I put
    in three resource files, and tested the new functionality
    by referencing the project from another ASP.NET project,
    and fine, no problems.

    The problem is when I compile the control, and add the
    compiled dll as a reference, and then add the Control to
    the toolbox. This is when I get the error... "The
    Assembly.... could not be loaded. Check that any
    dependencies that the file requires are installed".

    Besides not being documented ANYWHERE (easy to find
    anyway), the message is quite vague. Does this mean that I
    am missing a dependency file or could it be something
    else?

    How can I even start to figure out what the problem is?
    Any ideas would be appreciated!

    thanks,
    John

    adding an ASP.NET Custom control to toolbox probl, Nov 4, 2003