Custom control on html page fails after VS project created

Craig

I created a virtual directory and in the folder created an html file
which includes an <object classid=...> tag that references a simple
windows forms control dll. This works perfectly. Control displays as
expected.

I then used Visual Studio to create a new C# Web Appliation on the
virtual directory. Now the control fails to display.

I then removed all files VS created so the folder is back to the point
where the control displayed, but it still fails.

Anyone know what VS does to the virtual directory to make display of
..NET controls fail?

Craig

Craig said:
I created a virtual directory and in the folder created an html file
which includes an <object classid=...> tag that references a simple
windows forms control dll. This works perfectly. Control displays as
expected.

I then used Visual Studio to create a new C# Web Appliation on the
virtual directory. Now the control fails to display.

I then removed all files VS created so the folder is back to the point
where the control displayed, but it still fails.

Anyone know what VS does to the virtual directory to make display of
.NET controls fail?

Additional information:
I created a new virtual directory pointing to the same folder. It
works! This suggests the difference is in the virtual directory, not
the physical folder. Looking at the properties of the 2 virtual
directories, I can see no meaningful difference.

Craig