    Could you please suggest me how do I add a Web-Control dynamically from a Custom -Control.

    And someone could please suggest the difference between
    A web ( server Control and a Custom Control).

    Wannabe_Geek, Jun 30, 2004

  2. Wannabe_Geek

    Mike Bell Guest

    I would say create a public property to your grid control that lets it know
    whether to add your DDL control or not. Add your DDL control in the
    CreateChildControls section of your grid control, based on that property
    value. Does that make sense?

    "Wannabe_Geek" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Iam new to MS .Net technology just getting along with it....I created a

    custom control ,which takes in a query and displays the data in a tabular
    format....something similar to a datagrid.

    > Since its a custom Control I drag and drop and use it in my Pages. I

    overload the render method of my Custom Control and I pass the data that is
    to be displayed.

    > Now there is a requisite I have to add a Control ( Say for ex a Dropdown

    List box)

    Mike Bell, Jul 1, 2004