Custom Controls

Wannabe_Geek

Hi
Iam new to MS .Net technology just getting along with it....I created a custom control ,which takes in a query and displays the data in a tabular format....something similar to a datagrid.

Since its a custom Control I drag and drop and use it in my Pages. I overload the render method of my Custom Control and I pass the data that is to be displayed.

Now there is a requisite I have to add a Control ( Say for ex a Dropdown List box)
Could you please suggest me how do I add a Web-Control dynamically from a Custom -Control.

And someone could please suggest the difference between
A web ( server Control and a Custom Control).

Mike Bell

I would say create a public property to your grid control that lets it know
whether to add your DDL control or not. Add your DDL control in the
CreateChildControls section of your grid control, based on that property
value. Does that make sense?