Custom create user wizard and Modal popup

sjsean

I initially created a modified user wizard on a normal .aspx page, but
then decided I wanted the item to appear in a modal popup. After
reading an article it seemed to me that it would be cleaner to place
the code in a user control and call when needed.

question #1: the original register.aspx page had a code behind page
with instructions to add info into a db table other than the normal
membership table. Since user control pages are new to me, how to I
handle the .vb code behind page? Do I just add the reference at the
top of the ascx page?

<%@ Page Title="" Language="VB" MasterPageFile=""
AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="register.aspx.vb"
Inherits="register" %>

Also since I have the control set up for the initial information
gathering panel and then a sucessfully created message panel. Can
both panels be displayed in the popup? During testing the create user
panel popped up and then finished and the modal popup disappered.
When I refreshed the site page then the site loaded with a sucess page
of the account being created and a continue button.

I also noticed in testing that while filling in the fields the page/
view seemed to slide down the popup and the buttons ended up outside
the popup box. Suggestions on what might be causing this?

Regards.

Sean