Custom DataGrid Control !

Ankur Goyal

Hi All!

Is it possible to define a DataGrid User control for a ASP application so
that all the changes made to this control could reflect to all the grids
used in applications.

Please refer any links to define Custom Datagrid user control.

Note that all the grids will be binded to different datasets.

Thanks
Ankur Goyal

Danny Bloodworth

Ankur Goyal said:
Hi All!

Is it possible to define a DataGrid User control for a ASP application so
that all the changes made to this control could reflect to all the grids
used in applications.

Please refer any links to define Custom Datagrid user control.

Note that all the grids will be binded to different datasets.

Thanks
Ankur Goyal

Ankur,

If I understand your question correctly, just create a user control,
drop in a DataGrid, create a property (for your control) that allows
you to get/set the data source of the control within. You will also
have to create any other properties for things that need to be set at
runtime. When you need to change things for all your grids, change it
within the control. Then when you add it to a webform, add your
control instead of the DataGrid control.

If I'm way off base, be more specific and I'll try again.

HTH,

DB