Custom DataGrid: Multiple ID's

Haider

I am making a custom DataGrid, that i inherit from DataGrid. The
custom DataGrid is customized to be editable, so there is always an
edit column. The Grid has methods to add editable columns easily...I
have no problem getting the new columns on the page, nor do i have a
problem seeing the correct data after it binds. I also do not have a
problem clicking the edit button and seeing the columns turn into
textboxes. My problem is if i click edit on a row, then cancel, then
click edit once again, then cancel, it will shoot up an error saying:

Multiple controls with the same ID '_ctl2' were found. FindControl
requires that controls have unique IDs.

If anyone can help, it would be most appreciated

haider