Custom datagrid, really big problem :(

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Ayca Aksu, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. Ayca Aksu

    Ayca Aksu Guest

    Hi everybody,

    I have a datagrid with 1 editColumn, 2 template columns (one with label and
    one with check box). At runtime (in the method i use to bind the grid) i
    create 2 datasets. one for these 2 template columns, one for the VARIABLE
    number of bound columns that i add to the datagrid. Then i merge these two
    datasets into a new dataset and give this new dataset as the source of the
    datasource and bind it.

    My problem is that: i can not reach to bound columns in 'DataGrid_Edit'
    method. e.Items.Cells.Count is only 3 (the number of columns that exist in
    design time). but the columns are bounded, I can see the
    'DataGrid1.Columns.Count' as 9 after adding 6 bound columns (for example).

    I don't have a problem at the data access layer. What I may be doing wrong?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    happy databinding (mine is not so happy)

    ayca

    Ayca Aksu, Oct 27, 2003