    Can anyone post a very simple derived datagrid control code or point
    me to a sample code on the internet?

    Thanks much

    Gopal Krish, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Gopal Krish

    Gopal Krish Guest

    All,

    I finally figured out. It was a stupid mistake. However I'm now facing
    a new problem.

    I have a statement like this which caches a dataview and retrieves
    like the following

    Cache.Insert(DataViewCacheName, myDataView, null,
    DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(_CACHEDURATION),Cache.NoSlidingExpiration);

    myDataView = (DataView)Cache[DataViewCacheName];

    The above lines works perfectly in a typical web page. But I coded the
    same lines inside a derived dtatgrid control, it thorws and error
    saying

    "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\BugTracker\ControlsClasses\ControlsClasses\ICCDataGrid.cs(214):
    'System.Web.Caching.Cache' denotes a 'class' where a 'variable' was
    expected"

    Any thoughts how to make cache work inside the derived control's code?

    Thanks

    Gopal Krish, Oct 26, 2004