custom dropdown problems keeping selected index and lisitems

jason.hau

Anyone come up agains this?
Essentially, I've got a custom dropdownlist that inherits from
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Dropdownlist (funny that) the only things I'm
overriding is rendercontrol in taht it adds an image prior to
base.rendercontrol. For some reason, if autopostback is set and the
listitems are added progrommatically, the items aren't saved in the
controlstate and the viewstate doesn't keep the selectedindex value.
Have i forgotten to do something specific to enable these? I thought
inheriting the dropdown and leaving loadstate and savestate would be
safe enough, the base would take care of all that for me...