Custom erro handling ??

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=, Nov 9, 2005.

  1. Dear all,

    I try to test and implement custom error feature by setting my web config
    file as follow:

    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" Defaultredirect="MyErropage.aspx" />

    Trying to redirect error to myErrorpage.aspx.

    Then for testing I add a button on my form and when clicking that button I
    generate a new exception with the Throw command.

    Doing that I was expecting that my erro page will be displayed but instead I
    have an untrap exception error.

    What I am missing here, or does the fact of generating exception is not
    consider as custom error ?

    how to test it then

    thnaks for your help
    regards
    serge

    =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=, Nov 9, 2005

  2. "RemoteOnly", you are accessing locally, not remote.
    Turn that to "On" and see what happens.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3VydF9DIFtNVlBd?=, Nov 9, 2005