Custom error page for 500 in webservices

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Nadagouda, May 17, 2005.

  1. Nadagouda

    Nadagouda Guest

    Hi,

    Im trying http:\\localhost\WebService1\Service1.asmx?wsdl=. I am getting
    http 500 internal error instead of that i want to use mycustom page.
    I tried all the following options.
    1. IIS customerros tab and edit properties to point to mypage for 500.
    2. web.config <customErrors mode=on defaultredirect="mypage.html"
    <error status coode = 500 redirect="mypage.html"
    3.global.asax
    application error
    using server.getlasterror
    4. .htaccess
    errordocument 500/mypage.html
    none of the options worked.
    5. finally i tried to update defaultwsdlhelpgenerator.aspx or using
    myhelppagegenerator i got the error. I was not able to put
    <webServices> element in web.config

    please provide me solution for this issue.

    thanks
    Nadagouda

    Nadagouda, May 17, 2005

  2. Try http://localhost/WebService1/Service1.asmx?wsdl remove "=."...

    --

    Thanks,
    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN

    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN [MCAD.NET], May 17, 2005

  3. Nadagouda

    Nadagouda Guest

    hi,
    I know that , I want to handle this scenario if user types likes that i
    dont want him/her to see standard 500 page , instead show my custom page.

    they may try like wsdl =
    and also service1.asxxxx
    its now allowing me to use custom page for these particular cases when i
    type wsdl= and also if i give wrong file extensions

    Thanks
    Gouda

    Nadagouda, May 18, 2005
  4. Nadagouda

    Nadagouda Guest

    sorry
    its NOT allowing me to use custom page for these particular cases when i

    Nadagouda, May 18, 2005
  5. Nadagouda

    Nadagouda, May 18, 2005