Custom error page for 500 in webservices

Nadagouda

Hi,

Im trying http:\\localhost\WebService1\Service1.asmx?wsdl=. I am getting
http 500 internal error instead of that i want to use mycustom page.
I tried all the following options.
1. IIS customerros tab and edit properties to point to mypage for 500.
2. web.config <customErrors mode=on defaultredirect="mypage.html"
<error status coode = 500 redirect="mypage.html"
3.global.asax
application error
using server.getlasterror
4. .htaccess
errordocument 500/mypage.html
none of the options worked.
5. finally i tried to update defaultwsdlhelpgenerator.aspx or using
myhelppagegenerator i got the error. I was not able to put
<webServices> element in web.config

please provide me solution for this issue.

thanks
Nadagouda

Nadagouda

hi,
I know that , I want to handle this scenario if user types likes that i
dont want him/her to see standard 500 page , instead show my custom page.

they may try like wsdl =
and also service1.asxxxx
its now allowing me to use custom page for these particular cases when i
type wsdl= and also if i give wrong file extensions

Thanks
Gouda