Custom GridView with Button - Click Event Not Firing

ADN

Hi,

I am currently extending the GridView control and would like to add a
button to the GridView so that it will automatically render one button
at the top of the grid. I have a click event for that button, but
everytime the button is clicked, the page posts back and the click
event does not fire (probably because the button gets created every
single time there's a postback). What is the best way for me to create
this button and then make the click event fire?

I would like it so that I can drag my custom GridView onto an .aspx
page and not have to worry about handling any events on that page so
that it is all handled by my gridview. Is that even possible?

<code>
public class MyGridView : GridView
{
Button btnMyButton;

btnMyButton = new Button();
btnMyButton.ID = "btnMyButton";
btnMyButton.Text = "Click Here";
btnMyButton.EnableViewState = true;
btnMyButton.Click += new
System.EventHandler(MyGridView_MyButtonClick);
base.OnInit(e);
}

protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter __writer)
{
btnMyButton.RenderControl(__writer);
base.Render(__writer);
}

public void MyGridView_MyButtonClick(object sender, EventArgs
e)
{
//=== Button Click Event code goes here....
</code>