Custom HttpHandlers and Declarative Security

Chris Stev

Hello All,

I am using maverick.net (a framework based around a custom httphandler
in ASP.NET) and I'm trying to integrate declarative security into this.
When I put my custom implementation of the IPrincipal into the
HttpContext.User object the declarative security always fails (it never
checks the User object even though it is definately set). However if I
put it into Thread.CurrentPrincipal object it all works ok. This is on
win2003 server.

However on my test machine (running xp prof, not great I know) It
doesn't check any of the objects, the declarative security always fails.
Does anyone know why this might be? Are there big differences between
the security models on win2k/xp versions of the framework and win2003?

Thanks,

Chris