Custom HttpHandlers and Declarative Security

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Chris Stev, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. Chris Stev

    Chris Stev Guest

    Hello All,

    I am using maverick.net (a framework based around a custom httphandler
    in ASP.NET) and I'm trying to integrate declarative security into this.
    When I put my custom implementation of the IPrincipal into the
    HttpContext.User object the declarative security always fails (it never
    checks the User object even though it is definately set). However if I
    put it into Thread.CurrentPrincipal object it all works ok. This is on
    win2003 server.

    However on my test machine (running xp prof, not great I know) It
    doesn't check any of the objects, the declarative security always fails.
    Does anyone know why this might be? Are there big differences between
    the security models on win2k/xp versions of the framework and win2003?

    Thanks,

    Chris

    Chris Stev, Sep 15, 2004