Custom .NET Control Is Disabled In ToolBox

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Vadim, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. Vadim

    Vadim Guest

    I have downloaded Custom Control (Multi-Column DropDown With
    AutoComplete) from the web.

    In the sample I downloaded (VB.NET application) it works
    perfectly.

    I tried to put the same control to the ASP.NET application by adding the
    custom control's project into my solution and then added reference from
    my main project to this project.

    The control appears in the toolbox, but it's gray and cannot be dragged
    into the web form.

    I tried to set reference to this control's DLL from Bin folder and have
    the same result with gray control and full disability of the control.

    Any help, please

    Vadim

    Vadim, Mar 3, 2005

  2. Hi Vadim,

    I guess the problem is with the licence file. Some of the third party user
    controls have licence file.
    Check out if this one has a licence file from the vendor. Its of extension
    ..lcx

    Place this file in the application folder itself.
    Hope this helps...

    Need any help, do post a msg back...

    Happy Coding

    =?Utf-8?B?VmlzaG51LUNoaXZ1a3VsYQ==?=, Mar 3, 2005

  3. Is this control a windows forms control? If so, you can only use
    WebControls on an asp.net page. I believe there is a way to host windows
    forms control in IE 6.0, but it requires trust, and the .NET framework to be
    installed on the client machine.

    bill

    William F. Robertson, Jr., Mar 3, 2005