Custom object parameter

Chakra

I have a web method which works when i send a custom object as a parameter.
Today i added a DataSet after the Custom object and it wouldn't execute the
Web method at all. Then, when i interchanged the order of the parameters to
Dataset, Object, it worked . Why could this be so ?

Dan Rogers

There is a known issue (this may not be the issue you are seeing) when
using a custom class that implements it's own serializer (always a bad bad
bad idea) that makes argument order critical.

If you have implemented your own serializer, try to undo that decision -
I've never seen a good reason for it (although I've seen many teams justify
it for what I consider to be examples of flawed reasoning).

I hope this helps

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation

Chakra

No it does not do anything unusual like that.

Bruce Johnson said:
Does your custom object do anything unusual? Like implementing the
IXmlSerializable interface?

Bruce Johnson [.NET MVP]
http://www.objectsharp.com/blogs/bruce