    Today i added a DataSet after the Custom object and it wouldn't execute the
    Web method at all. Then, when i interchanged the order of the parameters to
    Dataset, Object, it worked . Why could this be so ?
    Chakra, Dec 22, 2004

  2. Does your custom object do anything unusual? Like implementing the
    IXmlSerializable interface?

    Bruce Johnson [.NET MVP]
    http://www.objectsharp.com/blogs/bruce

    Bruce Johnson [.NET MVP], Dec 22, 2004

  3. Chakra

    Dan Rogers Guest

    There is a known issue (this may not be the issue you are seeing) when
    using a custom class that implements it's own serializer (always a bad bad
    bad idea) that makes argument order critical.

    If you have implemented your own serializer, try to undo that decision -
    I've never seen a good reason for it (although I've seen many teams justify
    it for what I consider to be examples of flawed reasoning).

    I hope this helps

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation
    --------------------
    >From: "Chakra" <>
    >Subject: Custom object parameter
    >Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:39:15 +0530
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
    phx.gbl

    Dan Rogers, Dec 22, 2004
  4. Chakra

    Chakra Guest

    No it does not do anything unusual like that.

    "Bruce Johnson [.NET MVP]" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Chakra, Dec 28, 2004