    starting with B

    Has this been done? Can anyone point me to an example?

    Many thanks

    George Durzi, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Hi George,

    Check this out?

    Letter/Alphanumeric Based Paging in ASP.NET
    By Joseph S. Keller

    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/LetterBasedPaging.asp

    --

    Important: Patch Windows *beyond* Blaster.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-039.asp

    "George Durzi" <gdurzi@nospam_hotmail.com> wrote in message
    I'm looking to implement this paging for a list of clients. Instead of
    paging with page numbers, or < and >. I want to provide A through Z for the
    first letter of the last name of the client.

    Hitting B for example, will give me the list of all clients with a last name

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Sep 23, 2003

  3. George Durzi

    George Durzi Guest

    Thank you Ken!

    George Durzi, Sep 23, 2003
  4. What you're asking for is non-trivial, but can be done by extending the
    control and overriding the OnItemCreated method -- the problem is, when you
    get the e.ItemType.Pager (the property sent in the OnItemCreated method),
    you have to remove all the controls (the page numbers are LinkButtons, by
    the way) and add your own...

    Alan Corbett \(.NET MVP\), Sep 25, 2003