Custom Panel

CMM

Can't figure this one out... seems like it should be a no-brainer. Is it
possible to create a UserControl that can act as a container a la the Panel
control?... not a "naming container" or anything fancy.... just a simple
container.

Basically I have a pretty custom table that I'd like to reuse (code-reuse---
always a good thing). Seems to me that it should be as easy as creating a
UserControl and plopping
a placeholder in it for the area where controls can be added by the page
designer. Wouldn't this be much better than MasterPages or things of the
sort for creating truly clean websites?

Karl Seguin [MVP]

What you are talking about is achieved only via a custom server control -
which, depending on what you are doing, isn't a trivial task.

A good place to start might be:
http://scottonwriting.net/sowblog/posts/355.aspx

But there's really no way to achieve this with a user control - you can add
them to the toolbox :(

Karl

CMM

Ugh. This sort of thing should be trivial. ASP.NET is like a Lexus luxury
car but with manual cranks to open and close the windows.

--
-C. Moya
www.cmoya.com

"Karl Seguin [MVP]" <karl REMOVE @ REMOVE openmymind REMOVEMETOO . ANDME