Custom Provider. Please, need some help.

shapper

Hello,

I created 2 related SQL tables (Content and ContentLocalized) and a few
queries:

Add (Add one record to both tables)
Remove (Remove one record from ContentLocalized given an ID)
RemoveAll (Remove one record from Content and all child records from
ContentLocalized given an ID)
Find (Retrieve one record from Content and one child record from
ContentLocalized)
FindAll (Retrieve all records from Content and all child records from
ContentLocalized)

How can I create a custom provider to use this queries?

Could someone, please, help me out?

Thank You,
Miguel

Mark Rae

I created 2 related SQL tables (Content and ContentLocalized) and a few
queries:

Add (Add one record to both tables)
Remove (Remove one record from ContentLocalized given an ID)
RemoveAll (Remove one record from Content and all child records from
ContentLocalized given an ID)
Find (Retrieve one record from Content and one child record from
ContentLocalized)
FindAll (Retrieve all records from Content and all child records from
ContentLocalized)

How can I create a custom provider to use this queries?

Could someone, please, help me out?

I'm fairly sure that when you say "custom provider" you don't actually mean
that - on the assumption that when you say "SQL tables" you actually mean
"SQL Server tables", then you already have the native .NET provider which
comes with the .NET Framework.

If that is true, then all you need is to create a class with the various
methods you list above - you can then call one or more of the methods
whenever you need to...