Custom Provider. Please, need some help.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by shapper, Nov 30, 2006.

  1. shapper

    shapper Guest

    Hello,

    I created 2 related SQL tables (Content and ContentLocalized) and a few
    queries:

    Add (Add one record to both tables)
    Remove (Remove one record from ContentLocalized given an ID)
    RemoveAll (Remove one record from Content and all child records from
    ContentLocalized given an ID)
    Find (Retrieve one record from Content and one child record from
    ContentLocalized)
    FindAll (Retrieve all records from Content and all child records from
    ContentLocalized)

    How can I create a custom provider to use this queries?

    Could someone, please, help me out?

    Thank You,
    Miguel
    shapper, Nov 30, 2006

  2. shapper

    Mark Rae Guest

    "shapper" <> wrote in message

    > I created 2 related SQL tables (Content and ContentLocalized) and a few
    > queries:
    >
    > Add (Add one record to both tables)
    > Remove (Remove one record from ContentLocalized given an ID)
    > RemoveAll (Remove one record from Content and all child records from
    > ContentLocalized given an ID)
    > Find (Retrieve one record from Content and one child record from
    > ContentLocalized)
    > FindAll (Retrieve all records from Content and all child records from
    > ContentLocalized)
    >
    > How can I create a custom provider to use this queries?
    >
    > Could someone, please, help me out?

    I'm fairly sure that when you say "custom provider" you don't actually mean
    that - on the assumption that when you say "SQL tables" you actually mean
    "SQL Server tables", then you already have the native .NET provider which
    comes with the .NET Framework.

    If that is true, then all you need is to create a class with the various
    methods you list above - you can then call one or more of the methods
    whenever you need to...
    Mark Rae, Nov 30, 2006