    What are my options to implement custom roles and still authenticate with
    active directory and windows authentication? I haven't seen any articles
    saying how to do it, usually it uses forms authentication to do it.
    TS, May 13, 2004

  2. Where are your roles defined

    I think you can intercept the Application_Authenticate event in your global.asa

    =?Utf-8?B?R2Vvcmdl?=, May 13, 2004

  3. TS

    TS Guest

    Well I"m open to suggestions on where to store those, probably database

    "George" <> wrote in message
    > Where are your roles defined?
    >
    > I think you can intercept the Application_Authenticate event in your

    global.asax

    TS, May 13, 2004
  4. Hi TS,

    As for where to store the custom roles, I think there are several means,
    such as
    1. store in xml configure file.
    2. store in Active Directory
    3. store in database

    The #1 is suitable for small and simple set of users and roles or test
    condition.
    #2 is a good approach and commonly used because it makes use of the
    existing established accounts and roles within the OS/Domain but if is not
    very flexible for defining custom user roles.

    #3 Database is a good solutoin for define custom users and roles, which
    could be separated form the OS or Domain's account or groups.

    Just some of my opinions. Hope helps. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security