Custom Section Handler for array of complex objects

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by towerjj@hotmail.com, Jul 25, 2007.

  1. Guest

    hi all,

    I need a configuration file mapped to a class in my web app. It is an
    array of a class, in XML something like this:

    <ArrayOfRole>
    <Role>
    <name>r1</name>
    <sections>
    <string>bb</string>
    </sections>
    </Role>

    <Role>
    <name>r1</name>
    <sections>
    <string>bb</string>
    <string>cc</string>
    <string>xx</string>
    </sections>
    </Role>

    </ArrayOfRole>

    In a winform context I would use
    System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer whereas In web app context I
    should use configuraction section of web.config file.

    I'm really blocked in implementing the appropriate Custom Section
    Handler.

    Is there a better solution to my problem?
    If no, does anyone have an sample?

    Thanks in advance.
    , Jul 25, 2007