Custom SessionStateModule

Daniel Carlsson

Hello

I was wondering if it is possible to use your own SessionStateModule instead
of the default one, what Im interested in is attempting to set a cookie
first, and if that fails using cookie-less URL rewriting, I cant find any
information about this however, the standard module seems to be fairly
hardcoded into the ASP.NET framework.

Id need to replace the authentication module as well since the Forms
authentication uses cookies all the time.

So does anyone know if this is possible, and if it is, do you have any links
for information about it?

Thanks in advance
/Dan

William F. Robertson, Jr.

I am not entirely sure, but I do know where what SessionStateModule to use
is defined.

In your machine.config file located in
c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\<version>\config\machine.config. Look for
the <httpModules> section. Perhaps you could replace this type with your
own type.

Sorry I can't help you more.

(the same holds true for FormAuthentication stuff.)

bill