Custom sitemap provider - how to refresh?

Anders

Hello, i have created a custom sitemap datasource. The sitemap gets all
pages from a collection from a CMS system (not directly from a database).

I have declared my sitemap provider as default in web.config. In the pages I
have a sitemap datasource and corresponding menus.

Question:
- Where is the data cached?
- How can I release it from the cache and refresh the data?

I have built in a method called
I can't set up a filedepencency and neather a sql datasource dependency.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Anders

Guest

Hi

The SiteMapProvider is basically instantiated when the website starts up.
_root is a variable defined in the scope of the provider, thus it is in
memory until the website recycles, or until the code is changed (also causing
a re-cycle).

Sorry

Adlai

--
-------------------------------------
If my answer helped you please press "Yes" bellow

×× ×ª×©×•×‘×” זו עזרה לך, ×× × ×”×¦×‘×¢ "כן"

Adlai Maschiach
http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/adlaim/

Guest

Hi

another option that came to mind is the fact that
you might use more then one site map in memory
and witch between them

Adlai
-------------------------------------
If my answer helped you please press "Yes" bellow

×× ×ª×©×•×‘×” זו עזרה לך, ×× × ×”×¦×‘×¢ "כן"

Adlai Maschiach
http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/adlaim/

Anders

Thank's for your answer. The XML Sitemapprovider uses filedependency for the
cache and the SQL Sitemapprovider (from the wicked code, msdn) uses SQL
Cache dependency.

Are there any dependency left for me :) ? (using MySQL as backend but have a
DAL between). Are there some way for me to notify and release the cache?

Regards
/Anders