custom tag libraries(tomcat)

Lem

I have a tag class, iterateTag.class which I've placed in the classes
folder, however, I get the following error, when I try to load the jsp file
that utilises it. The jsp and the custom tag class belong to the same Web
app. I'm using Tomcat 4.1

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
[javac] Compiling 1 source file

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat
4.1\work\Standalone\localhost\iterate\index_jsp.java:73: cannot resolve
symbol
symbol : class iterateTag
location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp
iterateTag _jspx_th_cus_it_0 = (iterateTag)
_jspx_tagPool_cus_it.get(iterateTag.class);
^
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat
4.1\work\Standalone\localhost\iterate\index_jsp.java:73: cannot resolve
symbol
symbol : class iterateTag
location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp
iterateTag _jspx_th_cus_it_0 = (iterateTag)
_jspx_tagPool_cus_it.get(iterateTag.class);
^
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat
4.1\work\Standalone\localhost\iterate\index_jsp.java:73: cannot resolve
symbol
symbol : class iterateTag
location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp
iterateTag _jspx_th_cus_it_0 = (iterateTag)
_jspx_tagPool_cus_it.get(iterateTag.class);
^
3 errors

Thanks in advance,
Lem

ExGuardianReader

Lem said:
[...]

What package is the tag class in, and have you specified it correctly in
your .tld file?

Lem

Thanks for the quick reply, I've solved the problem. apparently, the tag
elements of the web.xml have to be specified in the correct order(the dtd is
very messy,read it only when I became desperate).
Thanks again,
Lem