Custom taglet and inline taglets

Discussion in 'Java' started by Wald, Jan 15, 2004.

  1. Wald

    Wald Guest

    Hi group,

    I've been altering the taglet examples from the Sun website to suit
    my own needs. Goal is to have an extra "@usedby" javadoc tag to
    record which other methods call a certain method.

    You can find the taglet examples here (one line):
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/tooldocs/javadoc/taglet/overvie
    w.html

    There isn't really a problem with the code, it works, but the
    problem is that I can't use other inline javadoc tags _within_ my
    @usedby tag.

    Example comment:

    /**
    * @usedby {@link Class1#method1(int arg1) Class1.method1()}<br/>
    * {@link Class2#method2() Class2.method2()}
    */

    The resulting javadoc doesn't show me clickable links, but just
    reproduces literally the @link inline tag, with braces and
    everything:

    Used By:
    {@link Class1#method1(int arg1) Class1.method1()}
    {@link Class2#method2() Class2.method2()}

    So the question:

    how to make my taglet understand other inline tags _without_
    implementing it all by myself?

    Thanks in advance,
    Wald

    Wald, Jan 15, 2004