Custom Tags including other tags

joseph.berthe

Hi,

I want to create a Custom Tags which display a login page.

I have created a file with all graphical stuffs. Inside that file I
want to put on some JSP functions such as using variables or other
tags.

Furthermore I want to create a custom tags which able to include that
graphical file.

My problem is my graphical file is included like only text, so all JSP
stuff are not used.

I have already tested :
-- pageContext.include(myFile.jsp);
-- pageContext.include(myFile.jsp, true);

In doAfterBody
-- BodyContent body = getBodyContent();
JspWriter wout = body.getEnclosingWriter();
wout.println("<%@ include file=\"formlogin.jsp\" ");
body.clearBody();

Obviouly the problem comes from the compilation schedule. I mean when I
want to write down JSP stuff inside my page, it is to late, the
compiler has already compile the files and it think it is just text.

Thanks

Raymond DeCampo

[...]

Try using the include() method on the javax.servlet.RequestDispatcher class.

HTH,
Ray

joseph.berthe

Thanks,

So it doesn't work at all. The only positive thing is now I can insert
HTML files.

Remark :
But i'm thinking about that technology (Custom Tags). My goal is to put
graghical component inside a tags and interact with it and reuse it.
But probably it is not suitable for that. I have read something about
STRUTS, probably this is what I need. What do you think ?

I have done :

---------------------------JAVA file -----------------------
public class loginform extends BodyTagSupport {

//Variables

// Functions

public int doStartTag() throws JspException{
try {
} catch (Exception e) {
throw new Error("That's bad.start");
}
return EVAL_BODY_BUFFERED;
}

public int doAfterBody() throws JspException{
try {
String resource = "formlogin.jsp";
ServletRequest req = pageContext.getRequest();
ServletResponse res = pageContext.getResponse();
RequestDispatcher rd = req.getRequestDispatcher(resource);
rd.include(req, res);

} catch(Exception e ) {
throw new Error("That's bad body." + e);
}
return EVAL_BODY_BUFFERED;
}

public int doEndTag() throws JspException{
try {

} catch (Exception e) {
throw new Error("That's bad.end");
}