    JSP to interpret both my custom tag and the struts tags contained in
    my custom tag.

    Thanks in advance

    Ranganath, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Ranganath

    Wendy S Guest

    "Ranganath" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a custom tag that spits out struts-html tags. The problem is
    > that the struts tags are not being interpreted.
    > I think that the interpretation is only happening once, how do I get
    > JSP to interpret both my custom tag and the struts tags contained in
    > my custom tag.
    > Thanks in advance

    I flipped through the JSP Specification, and I don't see any mention of
    this. Are you sure it's allowed?

    Perhaps if you back up and explain the problem you're having, rather than
    the one solution you picked, someone might have some helpful ideas. If
    you're having to dynamically figure out the values for the tag attributes,
    Struts-EL and JSTL can help. Also let us know what version of Struts and
    what container/version you're using.

    --
    Wendy in Chandler, AZ

    Wendy S, Oct 17, 2003

  3. Ranganath

    Ranganath Guest

    "Wendy S" <> wrote in message news:<bmnbsd$h2f$>...
    > "Ranganath" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a custom tag that spits out struts-html tags. The problem is
    > > that the struts tags are not being interpreted.
    > > I think that the interpretation is only happening once, how do I get
    > > JSP to interpret both my custom tag and the struts tags contained in
    > > my custom tag.
    > > Thanks in advance

    > I flipped through the JSP Specification, and I don't see any mention of
    > this. Are you sure it's allowed?
    >
    > Perhaps if you back up and explain the problem you're having, rather than
    > the one solution you picked, someone might have some helpful ideas. If
    > you're having to dynamically figure out the values for the tag attributes,
    > Struts-EL and JSTL can help. Also let us know what version of Struts and
    > what container/version you're using.

    Thanks, But I solved the problem.
    The problem was that I wanted to call struts tags from inside my own
    custom tag, which is not possible. So instead I am accessing objects
    through request attributes as a substitute.

    Ranganath, Oct 21, 2003