Custom tool error: Unable to import WebService/Schema

MarkN

I'm trying to add a web reference to a wsdl file that was created in
java by a third party. It adds it in ok but when I compile the project
I get the following error:

C:\VSWebCache\migdev03\PICAAdmin\Web
References\EnquiryQuote\Reference.map(1): Custom tool error: Unable to
import WebService/Schema. Cannot find definition for
http://migrep01:8080/EnquiryQuote/serv
ices/EnquiryQuoteService:EnquiryQuoteServiceSoapBinding. Service
Description with namespace http://migrep01:8080/EnquiryQuote/serv
ices/EnquiryQuoteService is missing.
Parameter name: name

I am very new to web services, so this has halted me in my tracks. Can
anybody offer advice as to the cause / solution.

Many thanks in advance.
Mark