Custom UpdatePanel - ASP.NET 2.0 and Client Callback

ThunderMusic

Hi,
I want to develop an ASP 2.0 Web control that would be just like an update
panel (to use with a tab control), so when the user makes a request, the
content of the page is loaded dynamicly without the need of a postback...
Client callback seems right in the situation except for one thing... How
can I register javascript from custom controls when using the client
callback feature? I mean, I can send all the render result through an
HTMLWriter, but How will I get the new javascript to render?

I've made some controls using this technique of rendering the content in an
HTML Writer then send the result string back to the javascript so it can
update a div (change it's innerHTML) in the page (a custom ad rotator)...
but I never managed to render the javascript from the customs controls as
well... Am I missing something? Is my technic the right one that should be
used?

Cna someone help me solve this problem please? at least, find a trace of
solution which I could dig from...

thanks

ThunderMusic

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

this should be in your serializer. you can send javascript source down
easily, you just need to tag what is html, and what is javascript.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

ThunderMusic

thanks for your answer... Do you have an example? (or a link?) Will it work
with all custom servers or will I have to make my own to send this
javascript?

thanks again

ThunderMusic

I meant custom controls (not custom servers)