Custom UpdatePanel - ASP.NET 2.0 and Client Callback

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by ThunderMusic, Nov 27, 2006.

  1. ThunderMusic

    ThunderMusic Guest

    Hi,
    I want to develop an ASP 2.0 Web control that would be just like an update
    panel (to use with a tab control), so when the user makes a request, the
    content of the page is loaded dynamicly without the need of a postback...
    Client callback seems right in the situation except for one thing... How
    can I register javascript from custom controls when using the client
    callback feature? I mean, I can send all the render result through an
    HTMLWriter, but How will I get the new javascript to render?

    I've made some controls using this technique of rendering the content in an
    HTML Writer then send the result string back to the javascript so it can
    update a div (change it's innerHTML) in the page (a custom ad rotator)...
    but I never managed to render the javascript from the customs controls as
    well... Am I missing something? Is my technic the right one that should be
    used?

    Cna someone help me solve this problem please? at least, find a trace of
    solution which I could dig from...

    thanks

    ThunderMusic

    ThunderMusic, Nov 27, 2006

  2. this should be in your serializer. you can send javascript source down
    easily, you just need to tag what is html, and what is javascript.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Nov 28, 2006

  3. ThunderMusic

    ThunderMusic Guest

    thanks for your answer... Do you have an example? (or a link?) Will it work
    with all custom servers or will I have to make my own to send this
    javascript?

    thanks again

    ThunderMusic, Nov 28, 2006
  4. ThunderMusic

    ThunderMusic Guest

    I meant custom controls (not custom servers)

    ThunderMusic, Nov 29, 2006